A jobs board for ex-offenders looking for fresh starts, and employers seeking new talent
|Job Title:||Waste Operative|
|Job Published:||February 04, 2019 10:08|
Household Waste Recycling Centre Site Operative Location: Central Bedfordshire
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees. Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year. Amey is an equal opportunities employer.
What is the purpose of this role?
To assist the public and ensure that all waste is separated according to its stream and that all recyclable elements are recycled.
What will this role involve?
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Ensure the segregation of the different waste streams into the appropriate containers
2. Assist the public in separating their waste and provide general advice about recycling
3. Greet the public on site and assist them in using the site effectively
4. Ensure the safe storage of waste in accordance with the permit requirements
5. Ensure that hazardous waste is separated and stored appropriately
6. Keep the site clean and tidy and make sure it remains respectable at all times.
7. Report all Health and Safety incidents in accordance with Company guidelines
8. Manage and implement site policies as directed
9. Identification of contaminated recyclable materials and undertake appropriate action as
10. All work to be carried out in accordance with Arney's company policies, risk assessments and
safe working practices.
11. Undertake any training necessary as part of the duties required.
12. The post holder must comply with the Company Equal Opportunities and Health and Safety
at Work Policies.
13. Undertake any other duties commensurate with the designation and grading of the post,
subject to any reasonable adjustments under the Disability Discrimination Act.
What makes this role unique?
You will be responsible for checking that the mobile plant you drive is safe and legal, and reporting any faults or problems immediately to avoid accidents or breaches of the law.