A jobs board for ex-offenders looking for fresh starts, and employers seeking new talent
Volunteers (Generic roles)
|Job Title:||Volunteers (Generic roles)|
|Contact Name:||Neil Wood|
|Job Published:||September 18, 2018 08:54|
Bounce back is growing and we are looking for great people to join our team. As a volunteer you will be at the heart of everything we do, and in being part of the organisation you will help us deliver our mission, vision and purpose.
If you are interested in exploring how you can make a difference to marginalised individuals and help them Bounce back from adversity, then please send your CV and a short covering letter stating how you can make a contribution.
Volunteers – based in Victoria & Brixton
Full and part time options available across a 37.5hour week based on both our needs
Bounce back is a Charity and a Painting and Decorating Social Enterprise, an end-to-end solution to reducing re-offending. Founded in 2011, the original concept being to have a social enterprise employing people on release from prison. We have evolved to create a social business that trains in construction and supports people whilst in custody and ‘through the gate’ as they continue their rehabilitation in the community.
Bounce back is above all about it’s people. We are seeking various roles to join our expanding team as we push forward with our growth strategy. If you are passionate about working with marginalised individuals and groups, and will advocate for them on their journey through training to employment, then read on……….
As a volunteer a typical day might include:
• Supporting our case managers with administration
• Assisting senior managers as required
• Enabling the effective running of the office & training centre
• Reviewing our social media platforms
• Helping delivering specific projects
You will work alongside:
• Resettlement Services Manager
• Case Managers
• Head of Learning & Skills
• Head of Operations
• Office Manager
• Other Bounce back colleagues
• Great people committed to changing individuals life for the better
• Flexible working arrangements
• A brilliant brand and vibrant culture
• The curiosity to explore innovation and new ideas
• A strong sense of social responsibility
• Great organisational skills
• Microsoft Office literacy
• Diligence, Empathy, Patience
• Good listening and conversational skills
• The motivation to learn and constantly improve
• An understanding of your contribution to the team and organisational purpose
• Respect for security requirements and the confidential nature of the work
This is not an exhaustive list and whatever you do in service of our clients will be in line with the intentions of the role and agreed with your line manager.