Visual Arts Producer
|Job Title:||Visual Arts Producer|
|Start Date:||January 2020|
|Job Published:||December 30, 2019 18:02|
Visual Arts Producer 032369
Organisation - Public Affairs & Stakeholder Engagement
Job - Corporate / Public Affairs
Position Type - Full Time
Visual Arts Producer
Salary: circa £36,000 per annum dependent on skills knowledge and experience
Overview of Role
Art on the Underground works with artists to change the way people experience our city. The programme commissions leading artists on a huge range of projects – live performance, temporary projects and major permanent works. London Underground has worked with leading artists and designers throughout its history. Art on the Underground continues in this tradition.
The programme is delivered by a dedicated team led by the Head of Art on the Underground. There is an exciting opportunity to join the team as Producer, working specifically to manage the technical, financial and project delivery aspect of our programme.
You will have a degree or equivalent experience in the arts or a related cultural field. With proven relevant work experience in the sector, you will have built up excellent project management skills, and have an appreciation of working with artists and the wider cultural sector. You will be able to manage a number of projects simultaneously, prioritising your work and maintaining a flexible approach. You will have good experience in financial procedures and delivering artists’ projects to deadline, be able to work as part of a collaborative team, and be passionate about bringing contemporary art to a huge public audience.
1. Responsible for the project planning of the Art on the Underground programme to ensure successful execution of different visual arts initiatives
2. Formulate technical compliance policies of Art on the Underground, working with other members of the team to ensure alignment with the overall Customer Experience strategy
3. Oversee art installation processes, liaising with technical staff and contractors to ensure execution of the curator's vision and intent
4. Programme communication to the rest of London Underground, Surface, CCT and TfL and external stakeholders including briefing and overseeing external communications agencies
5. Active in monitoring, driving, updating and reporting on programme risks, progress and project implementation to ensure safe and regulatory compliant event
6. Ensure all project documents are safely and appropriately archived following project completion to enable effective knowledge management
7. Financial planning and forecasting for all Art on the Underground projects, including managing financial aspects of all projects being executed and delivered
8. Ensure all production processes such as print, design, fabrication and installation of art commissions are executed on time, to budget and to the desired quality and creative standards
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
1. High degree of proven written and verbal communication skills
2. Ability to understand and manage the financial aspects of projects
3. Ability to engage with operational staff to understand how cultural projects can enhance our customers experience of London Underground
4. Ability to use Microsoft Office, Photoshop and project management programmes
1. Knowledge of contemporary visual arts and cultural sectors in London and internationally.
2. Knowledge of production processes such as print, design, fabrication and installation of art commissions.
3. Knowledge of public transport issues in general and the structure of the public transport industry in London.
8. An appreciation of financial reporting and cost control processes
1. Experience in researching and coordinating contemporary arts and cultural programmes
2. Experience in project management and developing and managing a prioritised work programme
3. Experience in working collaboratively with a team.
4. Experience of managing the impact of cultural activity on business processes
5. Experience of participating in multiple teams and actively working to several different managements requests simultaneously
6. Experience of influencing senior stakeholders
7. Experience of managing/overseeing production processes, such as print, design, fabrication and installation of art commissions
Equality and Diversity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Please apply using your CV and a two page covering letter. Think carefully about the skills, knowledge and experience in the advert and cover this in your CV and cover letter.
The closing date for applications is Sunday 19th January 2020 @ 23:59
In return for your commitment and expertise, you will enjoy excellent benefits and scope to grow. Rewards vary according to the business area but mostly include:
• Final salary pension scheme
• Free travel for you on the TfL network
• A 75% discount on National Rail Season Ticket and interest free loan
• 30 days annual leave plus public and bank holiday
• Private healthcare discounted scheme (optional)
• Tax-efficient cycle-to-work programme
• Retail, health, leisure and travel offers
• Discounted Eurostar travel