A jobs board for ex-offenders looking for fresh starts, and employers seeking new talent
|Job Title:||UDL Administrator|
|Job Published:||August 28, 2019 13:48|
UDL Administrator 031098
Organisation - Borough Projects and Programmes
Job - Administration
Position Type - Full Time
Location: Palestra House, Southwark SE1
Salary: max circa £30,000
Duration: 12 month FTC
Want to help improve London’s built environment? Have excellent organisational and communication skills? Then joining Urban design London (UDL) might be the thing for you.
UDL is a not for profit training, support and networking organisation helping public sector built environment practitioners to deliver well designed places. We are hosted by TfL, and work with all London local authorities and other influential organisations.
We run a training, networking or design advice events programme, receiving around 4500 bookings from planners, transport planners, highway engineers, architects, landscape architects, councillors, housing professionals etc. Working with us, you will be at the heart of London’s built environment scene, meeting interesting people, hearing new ideas and learning about building projects.
We are looking for people who are self motivated, hard working and like being part of a close-knit team. You will need to have very good administration and communication skills and really enjoy using them. An interest in urban design and good place making would also be an advantage.
About the role
You will be a very important member of the UDL team. You will help organise and oversee UDL training events and also keep our team on track, dealing with diaries, meetings and logistics. You will also take on our day to day communications work including posting on social media and keeping our website sparkling and fresh. You will have the opportunity to input to the development of future UDL programmes and will play an important part in building and maintaining good relationships with our members and partners.
We are open to part time or job share options and some working from home will be possible. However the post holder will be expected to be in the office when events are being held. The post will be offered on a potentially rolling 12 month fixed term contract
• Deal with day to day financial administration requirements such as processing invoices and payments, and work with the Business Manager to ensure UDL’s financial records and reports are accurate and up to date
• Take responsibility for event management, with support from the Intern, to liaise with facilities, catering and IT teams to ensure room set up, AV and refreshment requirements are clearly requested, delivered and checked
• Take responsibility, with support from the Intern, for room bookings, booking venues for the annual diary of events and managing these ongoing. Liaise with facilities on room issues like IT problems and heating
• Lead on team administration issues including sending calendar invites for events, scheduling team, board and wise friends meetings and taking and circulating minutes at these meetings
• Provide programme oversight including managing the team calendar, master timetable, website events listings, event folders, resources and online brochure
• Provide administrative support to UDLs Design Review and Building for Life 12 work including sending calendar invites and taking notes during reviews
• Be the point of contact for members
• Ensure the UDL website is kept up to date and that all content is clear, accurate and relevant
• Draft and send monthly newsletters and other mail outs promoting our upcoming training events and other relevant news
• Support the production of Sourcebooks, promotional flyers and other documents including inputting to content and inputting to or carrying out design and layout work when appropriate
• Take responsibility for UDLs social media platforms and ensure that all content is clear, accurate, relevant and consistent with our established online ‘tone’
Knowledge, Skills & experience
• Excellent administrative skills and experience
• Experience in communications planning and delivery
• Experience in the delivery of training and network events including CPD sessions
• Understanding of public sector built environment practices, objectives and organisations
• Understanding of urban design issues including public realm and street design, building design and planning policy and development management.
The closing date for applications is 15th September @ 23:59pm, Please note we may close this ad dependant on volume of applications.
Please apply using your CV and a two page covering letter.
Think carefully about the skills, knowledge and experience in the advert and cover this in your CV and cover letter
TfL benefits package are attached and include:
• Final salary pension scheme
• Free travel for you and a Partner on the TfL network
• A 75% discount on National Rail Season Ticket and interest free loan
• 30 days annual leave plus public and bank holidays
• Private healthcare discounted scheme (optional)
• Tax-efficient cycle-to-work programme
• Retail, health, leisure and travel offers
• Discounted Eurostar travel
Diversity and Inclusion:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.