|Job Published:||October 30, 2019 00:09|
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees. Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year. Amey is an equal opportunities employer.
What is the purpose of this role?
Assisting the Engineering Team with the production of technically sound design solutions, including all associated reporting and administration.
Our 120 strong Belfast Design Hub, situated just off the Malone Road and delivers a range of local, national and international projects ranging from <£1M up to >£300M.
Our multidisciplinary team encapsulates Highway Engineering, Structural Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, River & Coastal Engineering, Environmental Consultancy and Traffic Engineering/ Transport Planning, as well as being the BIM Centre of Excellence for Amey.
This unique ecosystem offers our clients a one-stop shop and offers our staff the opportunity to grow and develop in a knowledge-rich environment, with specialists who are eager to assist and mentor their development.
Recent key projects include:
• £40M Belfast Rapid Transit (BRT),
• £1.2M Temple Roundabout
• Belfast Cycling schemes,
• Lifecycle management for the DBFO2 Network in Northern Ireland (M1, A4 and A1). £30M A565 North Liverpool Key Corridor Dualling
What will this role involve?
The Technicians role will involve:
• Assisting Engineers with inspection work, feasibility studies, report preparation, cost estimating,
• Preparing and assisting with drawing production
• Quality Assurance responsibilities • Assisting with contract preparation
• Assisting with the preparation of technical documentation and reports
• Dealing with project related correspondence
• Maintaining high technical standards, consistent with the project brief under direction from the Engineer
• Assisting in project administration
• Assisting with compliance to the relevant health, safety and environmental legislation, particularly the CDM Regulations
• Maintaining a strong focused client relationship
• Assisting with the implementation of effective, value for money and innovative design solutions
What are we looking for?
The skills and experience we are looking for:
• HNC / HND, or equivalent in a relevant discipline
• Good IT Skills
• Experience of AutoCAD
• Self-motivated and enthusiastic
• Good communication skills – both written and oral
• Developing good practice in Health and Safety and CDM Regulations
• Problem solving aptitude
• Client focused approach to service delivery
• A willingness to learn
What makes this role unique?
This role is within the Amey Belfast Structures team, and you will be involved in highway and rail bridge design, inspection, maintenance and repair schemes for a range of clients including Department for Infrastructure Roads and Rivers, Translink, Waterways Ireland, Highways England and Network Rail. You will provide support and assistance to the team in all relevant aspects of service delivery to meet client and Amey objectives.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's