A jobs board for ex-offenders looking for fresh starts, and employers seeking new talent
|Job Title:||Streetworks Officer|
|Job Published:||July 08, 2019 10:23|
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees. Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year. Amey is an equal opportunities employer.
What is the purpose of this role?
To support the Head of Compliance to lead improvements in street works management across the business to minimise financial liability by working to the highest standards in delivery of Street Works for several Clients. You will lead the Street Works Noticing team to deliver an efficient, compliant and cost-effective service.
What will this role involve?
To lead the roads and street works division of the compliance team responsible for the scheduling of works, reporting of contractor performance nationally, ensuring financial efficiencies across Street Works and Road Works operations and actively involved in the continuous improvement of noticing and inspection compliance. Acting as a subject matter expert supporting the Network Delivery leadership teams.
What makes this role unique?
- Manage the Central Street Works Team who handle several contracts nationally.
- Ensure full compliance to associated legislation and regulations, ensuring correct escalation processes when trends are identified, including performance, quality and relationships. - Responsible for managing and implementing processes in line with all Streetworks legislation and regulation.
- Assist in production of analytical statistical data and proactive publication to Network Delivery Managers and suppliers.
- Actively coach the Streetworks and Field teams ensuring support, guidance and training is provided in relation to all Streetworks and business requirements and legislation driven processes.
- Responsible for maintaining robust records in order to comply with KPI reporting, ensuring active supervision of data quality to an audit compliant standard.
- Liaise closely with relevant management and partners to support, process and manage trends and/or identified risk associated with performance, safety and compliance surrounding all streetworks and business requirements.
- Actively lead on all IT support requirements when assisting the Streetworks team, partners and business.
- Lead by example when managing the performance of all members of the Streetworks team through active coaching and monitoring.
- Review current processes and procedures to identify potential IT solutions to improve accuracy and efficiency.
- Referral to the relevant Contract Manager of any poor performance or failure to comply with process by the supply chain in regard to risk and issue management or delivery.
- Production of weekly/monthly performance reports
- timely provision of management information.
- Attendance of monthly performance meetings with clients and various locations nationally
- Work collaboratively with the Central Streetworks Compliance Management to improve performance & ensure annual savings are achieved
What are we looking for?
- Knowledge of street works legislation.
- Ability to prioritise work based on technical and customer requirements.
- Experience of dealing with customer requirements and systems in terms of order completion to timescales.
- Good understanding of financial drivers and the impact of job changes on financial and delivery performance.
- Understanding of risk and issue management.
- Experience in dealing with demanding stakeholders and clients.
- Minimum 3 years post qualification experience of construction work with an emphasis on road works-
Supervisory or management experience in Finance Background.
Significant experience of managing a team.