A jobs board for ex-offenders looking for fresh starts, and employers seeking new talent
Public Information Coordinator
|Job Title:||Public Information Coordinator|
|Job Published:||January 29, 2019 12:19|
Public Information Coordinator 029291
Organisation - Real Time Operations
Job - Administration
Position Type - Full Time
Public Information Coordinator (029291)
Location: Southwark, London
Salary: £22,000 (plus circa 17% non-pensionable shift allowance)
Do you care about making a difference to people’s lives? Do you want to work in a dynamic, exciting and interesting environment? Are you interested in shift work with excellent benefits and shift allowance?
With a population of over 8.6 million and millions of visitors every year, London is a city that’s always on the move. Surface Transports Network Management Control Centre helps to ‘Keep London Moving’ by supporting and managing the movement of people and goods on the road network. We report the status of the network to our customers and road users. We want our streets to be safe for everyone to use and pleasant places to live, work and move about efficiently.
We are a 24/7 operation that is responsible for running Surface Transport services across the capital. Services are broad and dynamic and include monitoring the network, running incidents, managing bus routes and bus disruptions, making sure our tunnels are safe and operating effectively and supplying real time network information to our customers and partners. We are at our best when we come together in response to an incident or delivering iconic events like RideLondon and the London Marathon.
Our Control Centre is a dynamic exciting environment and the diverse nature of the city is reflected in our teams and our people come from all walks of life.
You will responsible for;
• Composing and disseminating both planned and ad-hoc customer information, via social media platforms such as Twitter, to both inform our customers and influence their choices
• Monitoring and responding to customer enquiries relating to our networks
• You will maintain an overview of issues on or affecting our networks in order to provide relevant and timely information to the public
• You will inform customers of traffic and bus diversions resulting from incidents like road traffic collisions, burst water mains, broken down vehicles etc.
• You will support the efficient operation of the Control Centre by capturing actions from operational meetings and facilitating conference calls
• You will use a range of operational tools and systems to keep abreast of events on the bus and road networks to help and support the travelling public
We are looking for motivated and enthusiastic people who care about making a difference. This is a role to be really proud of and you will be provided with training and development opportunities, so from day one you’ll be ready to go.
Skills, Knowledge, Experience and ways of working
• Are you able to work within a high performing team to achieve a shared goal
• Can you manage your time effectively in a dynamic operational environment
• Do you possess or can you quickly develop your knowledge of TfL’s networks
• Have you got a strong working knowledge of social media platforms
• Are your verbal and written communication skills developed to a high standard
• Do you have excellent attention to detail and possess the ability to ensure high quality and consistent outputs
• Are you experienced in working in a real-time communications environment
• Can you work collaboratively as part of a multi-disciplined team
• Are you computer-literate, a strong typist and are you able pick up proficiency in multiple systems in an operational environment
Working as part of a 24/7 operation in our advanced control centre in Southwark, you will be working a shift roster made up of early shifts (e.g. 06:30 – 14:30), late shifts (e.g.14:00 – 22:00) and weekend shifts (e.g. 07:00 – 19:00) on a rotational basis. There are some variations in the shift lengths on the roster particularly on weekends.
TfL offers an excellent benefits package including:
• Competitive salary
• 30 days annual holiday plus public and bank holidays.
• Final salary pension
• Free travel (you and a nominee) on TfL services and travel concessions including discounted Eurostar travel
• 75% reimbursement of an Annual Season Ticket for National Rail travel
• Private Medical Benefit scheme
Please provide a covering letter and CV, the length of each should be no longer than two sides of an A4 page.
Short listing will be carried out on the basis of answers to pre-screening questions, and on CV and covering letter submissions
You may be required to undergo a Metropolitan Police NPPV1 (non-police personnel vetting) vetting process.
The closing date for applications is 11:59 on Wednesday 13 February 2019
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's