A jobs board for ex-offenders looking for fresh starts, and employers seeking new talent
Prosper4 Peer worker
|Job Title:||Prosper4 Peer worker|
|Salary:||Voluntary 7 Hours/week- Potential for paid position|
|Job Published:||November 01, 2018 17:37|
Thames Valley CRC Employment Project
Position : Prosper4 Peer Worker
Company : Prosper 4 Group
Available from : Approx 15th August 2018
Location : Grey Friars Hosue, Reading, Berkshire
Working Hours : As part of Community Service
Remuneration : Voluntary 7 Hours/week - Potential for paid position
Prosper 4 Group (“P4G”) is a Social Enterprise company providing employment and rehabilitation services, predominantly to those people identified by their status as HMPS residents or ex-offenders. put simply, P4G finds jobs for people.
P4G was established in 2014, since when it has built a sound reputation within the restorative justice and rehabilitation sectors, and the success of which has been acknowledged by regional awards and an expanding Client and services base.
The Groups’ client portfolio includes the Department of Justice through Her Majesty’s Prisons and Probation Service, “HMPPS”), Community Relationship Companies (CRCs,)) national PLCs of outsourced services in this sector, and local and regional companies providing education, training, and Prison industries activity, across England and Northern Ireland.
Prosper is commencing a pilot programme to deliver a jobs broking service for Thames Valley CRC, operating from the above offices on Wednesdays from August 1st 2018
PRIMARY DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
The Peer Worker function will encompass but not be limited to the following tasks:
Under guidance of Prosper Associate :
- Assist and support Service Users with C.V. preparation
- Assist candidates post personal profiles on Prosper4Jobs.co.uk ( the Portal)
- Assist Service Users identify search, identify and apply for jobs
- Liaise with CRC Project lead for scheduling Service User appointments
- Working with P4G staff with any Job vacancies for posting ( Portal )
- Identifying& highlighting any specific Service Users skills and experience to P4
- ( Manually ) Post jobs and other information on jobs boards at approved CRC locations
- Other as identified administrative tasks
REQUIRED PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- A determined work ethic and self-motivation to succeed
- Able to keep records and details of candidates
- Empathetic nature and style in dealing with other Service Users
- English language fluency (written and spoken) essential.
- Zero tolerance of discrimination towards any ex-offenders, sexual, racial, ethnic cultures.
Please either apply online at www.Prosper4Jobs.co.uk or through your CRC Supervisor.