A jobs board for ex-offenders looking for fresh starts, and employers seeking new talent
|Job Title:||Production Engineer|
|Job Published:||April 18, 2019 12:48|
Location: Enfield London, GB, EN3 7XJ
Company: Greggs Plc
Join the family
Greggs is a much loved and trusted brand with a strong heritage. With over 1,900 shops, and 22,000 employees serving millions of customers each week, we are the UK’s leading bakery food-on-the-go retailer. We’ve been busy improving our shops and adding to our great range of fresh food-on-the-go, so we’re tastier than ever!
At Greggs we have big plans for the future and big opportunities available today. Our people are what makes our business successful and we believe in growing together – as a united team. At Greggs we aim to provide our people with a great place to work, where they feel valued by listening, developing and rewarding them.
Salary £41,827 per annum (with proficiency)
Shift Pattern and Contracted Hours
Shifts: 4 on 4 off
Rotating Days and Nights
Our bakeries are ingenious feats of engineering. Led by the Engineering Manager and working alongside a close-knit team, you’ll split your time between stopping problems before they happen with meticulous maintenance, and reacting to breakdowns quickly and effectively. Positive and enthusiastic, you will easily engage with the site teams, monitor plant performance and help to improve our processes, all in line with our policies and procedures.
Ideally you will have a background in industrial or manufacturing engineering, have electrical certificates as well as mechanical experience. We are also looking for you to have PLC knowledge and automation experience.
Educated to a minimum ONC standard or equivalent (with an understanding of how a Bakery Engineering function works)
A recognised apprenticeship in an electrical/mechanical discipline
Proven fault finding expertise on a variety of complex equipment ideally within the food industry
Experience of working to planned maintenance schedules
Multi-skilled with an electrical bias
Legal entitlement to work in the UK (e.g. Valid VISA or Work Permit for non EEC residents).
• 50% off Greggs food with our generous Greggs Employee Staff Discount Team
• Free coffees and tea while at work
• 21 days holiday a year plus bank holidays. This increases with service up to a maximum of 30 days after 25 years’ service. (Pro-rata for part time)
• After 6 months service you may be eligible for our profit share scheme where the company distributes 10% of its profits and allows you to share in the success of the business
• You will receive free life assurance after 1-year continuous service. This is a death in service benefit which provides a lump sum payment equal to one years’ salary
• You will automatically join our Greggs pension scheme which is a fantastic way to save for your retirement and allows you to benefit from employer contributions and tax advantages
• Other benefits include: Access to a range of discounts from insurance, to mobile phone providers, to holiday home plus plenty more!
During the application process we'll keep in touch every step of the way. We know how big a decision it is for you to apply for a job. Once you do we'll work hard to keep you up to speed on how your application is progressing. With your help, we can make your application as quick and smooth as possible.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's