A jobs board for ex-offenders looking for fresh starts, and employers seeking new talent
|Job Title:||Procurement Manager|
|Job Published:||September 03, 2018 11:30|
Our Procurement Team have an exciting opportunity for a proficient Procurement Manager to come and support the team in Basingstoke, where you will be accountable for delivering a number of business procurement projects.
The main responsibilities of this role are:
• Market Analysis/Intelligence -Analysis of basic data, business presentations, and draw conclusions or recommendations to Supply Chain and Procurement Director
• Selection of Suppliers - Business based comparison (commercial/operational/value) to generate shortlist and recommendation further to commercial comparisons
• Negotiation of terms & price against targets - Conclude terms/SLA and report saving/loss on project by project/group basis. Maximise value by considering alternative options - product/programme whilst ensuring revenue to group is continued.
• Maximise group value by engaging group suppliers with business unit sub-contractors and even sub sub-contractors considering alternative options - product/programme/business opportunities
• Understand supplier product and performance against Wates’ strategic CSR
• Lead a Team of Buyers on a Centralised Buying Desk
We are looking for a strong communicator with have proven experience of managing a team. A capable negotiator able to manage schedules with demonstrable experience in breaking down contract packages and tender individual sections of a trade. Ideally you will hold MCIPS or equivalent.
To be successful you will have a strong knowledge of framework contracts & sub-contract orders, value management, and purchasing and supplier management & supply chain activities.
A bit about us:
Wates is one of the largest and most successful family-owned private construction, development and property services companies in the UK. As a progressive and rewarding business we offer our people the opportunity to grow their careers whilst working together to deliver the promises we make to our customers.
Our company values of integrity, intelligence, performance, teamwork and respect for people, along with communities and the environment, run through our business at every level and are at the heart of everything we do.
The wellbeing and safety of our people is our priority, therefore creating a zero harm culture and encouraging a healthy work-life balance is important to us. Wates Group are a responsible and inclusive employer and are proud to have been recognized for this through a range of accolades including gold accreditations with C2E (Committed to Equality) and Investors in People.