A jobs board for ex-offenders looking for fresh starts, and employers seeking new talent
|Job Title:||PA/Business Support|
|Job Published:||November 19, 2018 15:14|
PA / Business Support 028565
Organisation - Commercial Development
Job - Administration
Position Type - Full Time
Salary: Competitive plus excellent benefits package
Location: Central London
Overview of role
TfL has recently established new Consulting arm that can sell TfL’s expertise at home and abroad. We are now looking for an experienced PA/ office manager to join our small core team.
The role will be at the heart of the new function; as well as providing comprehensive PA support to the Director and her senior team, the successful candidate will have the chance to develop smooth administrative processes. This is an exiting opportunity to join a new team that is still establishing itself, supporting the business as it takes shape.
The role will include providing diary management support, prioritising engagements and co-ordinating appointments. This will involve substantial interaction with external parties, including from overseas, and internal decision makers as per the Director's and senior team's activities. The successful candidate will have experience of providing support at executive level, and of maintaining positive relationships with clients and partners.
Overall, you will be responsible for the smooth running of the department at the administrative level, enabling the Director and team to work effectively at home in the UK and abroad.
• Provide diary management support to the Director and other team members, prioritising engagements and co-ordinating appointments and events with internal and external stakeholders from the UK and from across the world
• Organise meetings, workshops and conferences where appropriate including facilitating accommodation requests, coordinating audio visual requirements, ensuring meeting speakers are clear on agendas and ensure that attendees receive the agenda and necessary materials in advance. Some of these meetings and conferences will take place abroad, in various parts of the world
• Prioritise and channel relevant strategic and management information for decision making to appropriate senior managers ensuring that they are provided with briefings ahead of key meetings and events
• Attend meetings and take minutes/chasing actions as required
• Support both internal and external departmental communications, including processing enquiries, FOI requests, standards, consistency and effectiveness
• Oversee problem escalations e.g. procurement, “parked invoices” etc
• Undertake research on issues within or affecting the department, providing reports and presentations on key findings and recommendations having regard to business priorities and needs.
• Maintain databases and contact information
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
• Ability to cultivate relationships both internally and externally to support the business requirements
• Extensive experience of arranging travel, travel documentation including visas for a variety of locations, and liaising with external travel companies as required
• Highly organised and adept at prioritising projects and dealing with daily queries,
• Experience of working in a busy, dynamic environment where priorities can change
• Excellent communication skills – the candidate must have strong written and spoken fluency in English
• Strong interpersonal skills with team player mentality
• Willingness to assume responsibility and take ownership of assigned tasks
• Ability to multi task, prioritise daily workload and remain focused despite frequent interruptions and ad hoc enquiries
• A self-starter, motivated and able to work in a dynamic and high pressured working environment
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Experience of executive management administrative support and business team administration
• Awareness of general business and management disciplines, including budgeting and commercial acumen
• Knowledge and application of all standard computer packages: Word, Excel and PowerPoint and SAP
• Proven track record and substantial experience as an office manager, including general and secretarial administration
• Proven track record of administrative support at executive level, managing demanding Director/senior managers diaries
• Experience in managing the administrative support for an entire team, running the business support office to ensure the smooth running of the team's activities
• Experience of operating as part of a team and showing initiative to solve problems
• Experience of working internationally with non-native English speakers; having a second language would be ideal
Equality and Diversity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Please apply using your CV and a two page covering letter.
Think carefully about the skills, knowledge and experience in the advert and cover this in your CV and cover letter.
The closing date for applications is Tuesday 27th November 2018 @ 23:59
In return for your commitment and expertise, you will enjoy excellent benefits and scope to grow. Rewards vary according to the business area but mostly include:
• Final salary pension scheme
• Free travel for you on the TfL network
• A 75% discount on National Rail Season Ticket and interest free loan
• 30 days annual leave plus public and bank holidays
• Private healthcare discounted scheme (optional)
• Tax-efficient childcare payments
• Tax-efficient cycle-to-work programme
• Retail, health, leisure and travel offers
• Discounted Eurostar travel
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's