A jobs board for ex-offenders looking for fresh starts, and employers seeking new talent
|Job Title:||Operations Officers|
|Job Published:||November 04, 2019 13:27|
Operations Officers 031816
Organisation - Head of Compliance
Job - Compliance
Position Type - Full Time
These vacancies are to recruit permanent staff.
Closing date for applications: Sunday 17th November 2019 @ 23:59
Salary: £27,270 rising to £30,805 after 1 year (Pro Rata, plus 12.5% non-pensionable shift allowance for days or 25% non-pensionable shift allowance for nights)
You have an active email address where correspondence, invitations to assessment events and practice material can be sent
All your contact details including phone numbers, address and email are updated and current on your application
We have an exciting opportunity to work as an Operations Officer in TfL’s Compliance, Policing and On-street Services (CPOS) team. CPOS is moving towards a more multi-functional and adaptable way to deal with a diverse range of on-street transport related activities and are looking for people who are equally adaptable and want to be a part of TfL that helps to keep the transport network safe, secure and reliable.
Transport for London (TfL) works to keep London moving, working and growing and make life in our city better. It's a great place to develop your career. We treat our staff with the same commitment we give our customers; their satisfaction is a measure of our success. The diverse nature of London is reflected in our teams, with our people coming from all walks of life.
We wish to reflect the diversity of London through the people we employ, so if you find this role interesting and something you could do, then we strongly encourage you to apply whatever your background. As women are currently underrepresented in this area, we will particularly welcome applications from them.
Operations Officers carry out key prevention, enforcement and compliance activities across the TfL network, for example checking bus tickets, dealing with on-street contraventions, ensuring that the Taxi and Private Hire trades maintain high standards of compliance, as well as providing essential customer service.
There are a variety of roles which include weekend shifts and part-time working, and there is a separate shift pattern for night roles. Further information about these are in our FAQ which you can access here
· Providing high levels of customer service to members of the public and the users of TfL services
· Carrying out enforcement and compliance activity across specified modes of transport, i.e. Taxi & Private Hire and London Buses
· Routine patrol of the TfL Network and responding to incidents under the guidance and direction of the CPOS Resource & Deployment Centre
· Reporting safety concerns and breaches, ensuring positive action is taken to reduce and mitigate risks
· Identifying potential compliance and enforcement issues and submitting relevant intelligence reports
· Carrying out licensing checks of roadworks, lane rentals, scaffolding etc.
· Responsible use of delegated authority activities, such as community safety accreditation scheme (CSAS) and by-law enforcement
· Attending court to provide evidence (when required and training provided).
· Good communication skills - verbal and written across all levels
· Ability to defuse potentially difficult situations
· Resilience with the ability to remain positive in difficult situations
· Willingness and desire to develop new skills and knowledge
· Ability to build effective working relationships at all levels internally and externally
· Ability to use initiative and sound judgment, make informed decisions or recommendations and work under pressure
· Competent in the use of mobile devices and computers.
· Working in an operational environment, preferably in on-street enforcement and compliance roles is desirable but not essential.
Full training will be provided. Candidates should be prepared to undertake additional qualifications, such as BTEC, to increase capability to carry out CPOS operational activities where required.
· Final salary pension scheme
· Free travel for you on the TfL network
· A 75% discount on National Rail Season Ticket and interest free loan
· 24 days annual leave (Pro rata dependent on role) plus public and bank holidays.
· Tax-efficient cycle-to-work programme
· Retail, health, leisure and travel offers
· Discounted Eurostar travel
To be eligible for this vacancy, you should
· Be 18 years old and over and be eligible to work in the UK
· If you have a visa then it should be valid for at least 12 months from 1st March 2020
The recruitment process consists of 3 stages. You will need to pass each stage to progress onto the next:
Stage 1: Online Application form and screening questions
Please apply using your CV and one-page cover letter. Think carefully about the skills, knowledge and experience and the additional information outlined in the job description and cover this in your application.
Please include your email address.
Stage 2: Online Situational Judgement Test
SJT stage - The SJT will be sent automatically on the successful completion of your application and you will have 5 days in which to complete from the date it was sent. If you have not received the email within 24 hours of submitting your application, please check your junk/spam emails or alternatively, and a copy can be found in your Taleo history, which you can access using the returning users page. No extensions will be granted, therefore If you are unable to complete your test within the 5 days, we would advise you to refrain from submitting your application at this time. If you do not complete the SJT within 5 days of receiving the email, you will be automatically removed from the process. Please note: The SJT is not compatible with mobiles or tablets so please ensure you have access to a PC or laptop to complete your test. The test is not timed so you can complete in your own time.
Stage 3: Assessment centre consisting of competency, scenario-based interview and role-play
Please note it will take 10-14 days after the final assessment event to hear the outcome.
The campaign is running to a very specific delivery timescale as determined by the business and there will only be enough slots for the number of candidates invited. Dates for the Assessment Centre will be opened on a rolling basis so you it’s advised that you book as early as possible. Please note that no further dates will be made available.
Attending an Assessment Event
You will receive an email request inviting you to book into an assessment event. You will receive confirmation of your booking together with any relevant information required for your assessment at the time of booking.
You can download a copy of the Candidate Charter here. This outlines our commitment to you as a candidate by providing insight into our recruitment process. It also outlines our expectations with regards to your engagement with us, to ensure that you receive the best recruitment experience possible, as we believe you should know the standards of service you can expect from us. You must read this document prior to submitting your application in order to understand every aspect of the process.
Reasonable Adjustment Process
If you require reasonable adjustments, you must notify the recruitment at least 48 hours (excluding weekends) prior to your scheduled assessment event to allow us to accommodate your requirements. You will then be sent a confirmation email which you will need to bring to your assessment. If you fail to bring this on the day your adjustments will not be granted and you will be unable to re-book.
We will consider that you are the expert regarding your own requirements and we will consider all requests fairly within the context of the role.
Please take the time to read the Disability Charter here.
Notice of Cancellation
We require you to give a minimum of 48 hours' notice of cancellation or re-schedule. Non-attendance at your Assessment Event may lead to your application being withdrawn.
Please note: Your assessment may be rescheduled once only and reschedules will only be granted if there are assessment slots available, so please make sure you check you can make an appointment before booking. Subsequent cancellation may lead to your application being withdrawn. If you do not follow the process outlined in the Candidate Charter you risk being withdrawn from the campaign.
Due to the volume of applications, we are unable to provide any feedback.
Appointment to post
· Candidates must successfully pass the Data Barring Service (DBS) check, employment referencing, medical screening and a drug & alcohol test.
As part of your application and prior to starting employment, you are required to submit an a Non Police Personnel Vetting Level 2 (NPPV2) records check,
· Criminal record and local intelligence checks on applicant and individuals at applicant’s home address
· Financial, military checks and professional standards checks on applicants
· Checks on any known acquaintances and associations.
· Although you may be offered the role, your employment or training may not start until you are required.
You could be based anywhere in the Greater London area, depending on business requirements.
Appointment to the post is subject to successfully completing a full-time classroom-based training course which also includes On-Street training. Candidates who do not pass the training will have their offer of employment withdrawn.
· Due to the expected high response rate, we reserve the right to close this campaign earlier than the published closing date once we have a suitable pool of applicants.
· Taxi and Private Hire licence holders are required to surrender their Driver or Operator licence if they take up a role.
· We require all applicants to visit our frequently asked questions page which will give you a further understanding of the role and its wider associations. You can also download it here.
If at any time you need to speak to anyone within the Recruitment Team then please contact us on 0333 0062939 (option 1) or alternatively email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
TfL aspires to be as diverse as the city we serve, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.