Operations Centre Analyst
|Job Title:||Operations Centre Analyst|
|Start Date:||February 2020|
|Job Published:||January 27, 2020 12:05|
Operations Centre Analyst 032692
Organisation - Customers, Communication and Technology
Job - Technology Service Operations
Position Type - Full Time
Job Title: Operations Centre Analyst
Salary: £32,000 - £36,000 plus Excellent Benefits and anti-social hours allowance
Location: North Greenwich, Pier Walk
Overview of role
This is an exciting opportunity for a skilled and highly motivated IT professional to join the dynamic and fast paced Operations Centre Analyst team responsible for the speedy resolution of all IT based major incidents across the entire TfL estate. Supporting a user base of circa thirty thousand 24/7x365 the analyst will also be responsible for supporting TfL’s contactless payment technologies.
• To manage all major incidents, end to end; including the initial triage, validation and incident closure.
• Issuing regular communications during the life cycle of all major incidents.
• To arrange relevant technical and management bridges as required, ensure all stakeholders are kept informed via business communications or estate wide/targeted service alerts.
• Active management of internal resolving teams and external suppliers to ensure service is restored as quickly as possible with minimal business impact.
• Tasks resolver groups to carry out root cause analysis and any service improvement activities identified during the lifecycle of the incident.
• To provide single point of contact for all escalated incidents 24/7x365 and to manage them to resolution.
• Responsible for identifying and applying planned and unplanned service disruption setting across the revenue collection system and where necessary processing customer refunds.
• Responsible for drafting Major Incident Review reports as part of the incident lifecycle this includes issues identified and identifying remedial actions to prevent reoccurrence.
• Able to clearly communicate effectively at all levels of the business (Essential)
• Proven ability to influence and negotiate with other teams to achieve maximum benefits for the team and business (Essential)
• Strong customer skills including managing conflict and resolving complaints (Essential)
• Ability to build strong working relationships with colleagues and key stakeholders (Desirable)
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyse complex data and make informed decisions to implement solutions (Essential)
• Demonstrable knowledge in operating within an Incident Management environment and managing incidents using incident management tools (Essential)
• ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management (Desirable)
• Good understanding of TfL’s business and technical functions, including services provided and the impact to customers when services are not available (Desirable)
• A professional IT qualification (i.e. Microsoft MSE or Cisco CCNA) or corresponding professional experience (Desirable)
• Extensive experience of working within a incident management environment operating a 24/7x365 shift pattern managing complex IT technical services (Essential)
• Experience of operating in a dynamic working environment, handling multiple tasks and delivering high quality solutions to pre-defined deadlines (Essential)
• Experience of both working in and contributing to a team-based environment in as well as demonstrating the ability to work on their own initiative (Essential)
• Experience of taking responsibility for making operational decisions in relation to contract performance management (Desirable)
Please apply using your CV and a two page (maximum) covering letter.
Please think carefully about the skills, knowledge and experience outlined in the job description and ensure your CV and cover letter reflects the requirements of the role you are applying for.
The closing date for applications is Monday 10th February 2020 @ 23:59
In return for your dedication and expertise, you will enjoy excellent benefits and scope to grow. Rewards vary according to the business area and role, but may include:
• Final salary pension scheme
• Free travel for you on the TfL network
• Flexible working
• A 75% discount on National Rail Season Ticket and interest free loan
• 30 days annual leave plus public and bank holidays
• Private healthcare discounted scheme (optional)
• Tax-efficient childcare payments
• Tax-efficient cycle-to-work programme
• Retail, health, leisure and travel offers
• Discounted Eurostar travel
Health & Safety Statement
All employees have a general duty in law to take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and of other persons who may be affected by their acts or omissions.
All employees must understand and be committed to Transport for London’s Health and Safety Policy statement and the Company’s safety priorities and be aware of their contribution to such priorities.
All employees must also be aware of and comply with the current health and safety legislation and other Company requirements that are relevant to their job.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Crime & Disorder Statement
It is a statutory requirement for all departments in TfL to follow Section 17 of the Crime and Disorder Act 1998.
Section 17 requires authorities to consider the likely affect on crime and disorder and community safety in all that they do, and take action to prevent crime and disorder, substance misuse, anti-social behaviour and behaviour that adversely affects the environment.
TfL has voluntarily been committed to following Section 17 since 2006, but we must all make sure that it is considered in decision making, policies and procedures in the same way that equality and health and safety are.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's