A jobs board for ex-offenders looking for fresh starts, and employers seeking new talent
Operations & Resourcing Assistant
|Job Title:||Operations & Resourcing Assistant|
|Job Published:||June 24, 2019 13:10|
Operations & Resourcing Assistant 030463
Organisation - London Transport Museum
Job - Customer Service Assistant
Position Type - Full Time
External Job Description
Job Title: Booking Officer (Operations & Resourcing Assistant)
Location: Covent Garden, London
Contract Type: Permanent
About the role
The post holder will drive the sales of all LTM’s events, workshops, and general admission. The role will act as a member of the operations and resourcing team, presenting a positive image of the Museum to customers and related organisations.
The post holder will be part of the day to day Operations and Resourcing assistant’s team that manage the contact centre and reception. The role requires a great deal of administration, keeping business information up to date and accurate. With responsibility for the first point of call for most potential future visitors, customers and stakeholders this role is crucial to the public and professional image of the Museum.
Operations and Resourcing assistant will: apply and maintain consistent excellent standards of planning, organisation and customer care and services; delivery of all processes and procedures in accordance with Museum, TfL and legal requirements to facilitate the smooth operation of the Museum.
The post holder will be expected to set an example and be approachable with guests, demonstrating positive behaviour in line with the Museum principles. Reception and the Operations room will deliver; a range of support functions for the Museum. The role will be a key information source for all employees.
This role is 5 days out 7, so will require weekend working.
1. Provide a quality service for all customers and stakeholders.
2. To adhere to company policy and procedures and to inform the Management of any issues.
3. Answer the phone in the Operations room and at reception, taking bookings for schools, the Museums public programme and providing information on any Museum enquiry. This also includes online bookings and any mail enquiries that are submitted.
4. To check that all items on the departments daily tasks are completed in a timely manner, and the Museums email inbox is cleared daily.
5. To assist with administration of the department. Administration will include the resourcing of temporary Museum events, staff for the Museum, space bookings for internal and external clients and compilation of visitor figures, revenue generation figures, school numbers, Gift Aid reconciliation, data input, and ordering of goods amongst other tasks. The Operations room also manages the Museums the Facilities helpdesk.
6. Reception and the operations room, will answer telephone calls in a professional and courteous manner, redirect enquiries, book and organise couriers and taxis, greet and check-in visitors and stakeholders, sort, check and accept post and deliveries, assist in the Museums fire evacuation strategy.
7. The role will also carry out any other reasonable request by the Museums management.
Operations & Resourcing Manager – the post holders line manager. Post holder to provide support and advice to the Operations & Resourcing Manager to ensure successful operation of the Business.
Operations & Resourcing Supervisor – Supervising the post holder, will be leading the team in their daily activities making sure they deliver a professional and quality service.
Head of Operations & Resourcing – post holders Head of department.
Operations Support Manager – The other Operations department manager, ensuring facilities calls are answered promptly.
Customer Services Managers– post holder will work closely with the Customer Services Managers, ensuring that the visitor offer is fulfilled daily.
Client departments – post holder will be responsible for delivering services to other Museum departments (e.g. Marketing, Projects) and for following the appropriate processes and agreements (e.g. SLA’s) to deliver and monitor these interfaces.
All museum employees, volunteers and other staff resources – post holder is responsible for providing consistent and effective support across departmental and project teams. Also responsible communicating with all employees.
Contractors - the post holder will be expected to liaise with contractors on site to deliver the best service for the Museum.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
A professional qualification or equivalent experience
Detailed knowledge and experience of a ticketing or CRM system and their operation preferably The Seatgeek ticketing system or SRO. (ESSENTIAL)
A good understanding of box office process including online sales
Detailed knowledge of IT systems including MS Office Suite, especially MS Excel.(ESSENTIAL)
Strong organisational skills, ability to work under pressure, manage multiple responsibilities and deadlines, ability to prioritise complex and demanding work streams
Strong attention to detail
Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships, influence behavioural change and engage with stakeholders
Creative and flexible with an innovative, customer focussed approach
A ticketing professional with relevant experience.
Must have had worked operationally a leisure or heritage facility, which was subject to a regulatory licensing regime and has a significant number of users (PREFERABLE)
In return for your commitment and expertise, you will enjoy excellent benefits and scope to grow. Rewards vary according to the business area but mostly include:
• Final salary pension scheme
• Free travel for you on the TfL network
• A 75% discount on National Rail Season Ticket and interest free loan
• 30 days annual leave plus public and bank holidays
• Private healthcare discounted scheme (optional)
• Tax-efficient childcare payments
• Tax-efficient cycle-to-work programme
• Retail, health, leisure and travel offers
• Discounted Eurostar travel
Equality and Diversity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
We strive to reflect the city that we serve and we look forward to receiving a ‘diverse’ range of applications. We want our workforce to accurately reflect the richly diverse community of London.
The closing date for applications is Thursday 4th July 2019 @ 23:59
We reserve the right to close the application window early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.
We really are one of the best companies to work for!
Please click on the below link to find out why.
You should apply supplying your CV and a cover letter (maximum 2 pages).
Your CV should be A4, in Arial 12 font, and a maximum of 2 pages.
Please think carefully about the skills, knowledge and experience outlined in the job description and ensure your submission reflects the requirements of the role you are applying for. Short listing may be carried out on the basis of your answers to job-specific questions and other information that you submit.
If your application is successful, you'll have to pass pre-employment checks before joining. For example, we will check your references and qualifications, your right to work in the UK and in some cases require a medical or Criminal Records Bureau check.