A jobs board for ex-offenders looking for fresh starts, and employers seeking new talent
|Job Title:||Metering Engineer|
|Job Published:||December 19, 2018 12:09|
Metering Engineer - Yorkshire
Earn over £28,000* + benefits
Amey Smart Metering
We help families and businesses manage their energy better by providing them with essential tools and knowledge to help save them money and minimise waste.
This involves installing thousands of smart meters every year; working with major energy suppliers to support their ambitious plans; and having a 24/7 Customer Response team on hand to help – whatever the time of day. Clients we work with include EDF Energy, NPower & Scottish Power.
Working for Amey
You will be installing gas meters in line with industry standards and SMICOP requirements.
Part of the role will involve explaining the benefits and energy efficiency savings of the smart meters to our clients’ customers.
Work will be pre-planned and electronically scheduled to your HHU. You will receive a daily running sheet with your workload for the day.
All Meter Operatives will be provided with a fully stocked Van, Fuel Card, PPE, Phone, Enhanced Toolkit and Hand-Held Unit.
What are we looking for?
Minimum Qualifications: CCN1/CMA1 and MET1 or Level 2 Smart Meter Diploma
• You must hold a full UK driving licence with no more than 6 penalty points.
• Ability to pass a DBS Check and Drugs/Alcohol testing.
• You must have experience fitting gas or dual fuel smart meters.
You should be able to work under your own initiative.
You must have good customer service skills and be able to work in the public environment.
OOH callout is a requirement of the job role on a minimum of a 1 in 4 rotation.
To be able to confidently deal with pipework alterations and upgrade the installation to the required standard as required.
Why work for Amey?
Working with us is always exciting and rewarding. Playing your part in delivering great service to our customers’ will help you to achieve your goals with us. We’ll give you the chance to shine, whether that’s contributing to some of the most exciting projects in the country, learning new skills or just working with a great group of people every day. You can make a real difference to your career and the lives of the communities you work in.
Growing your career
Joining our team is the first step in growing your career with us. We encourage talent and help you identify and achieve your goals. We’ll then give you everything you need to succeed– whatever stage your career is. This is our ‘People Promise’ – we create the right environment for your personal and professional growth, and help you achieve it.
Excellent benefits (https://www.amey.co.uk/your-career/working-with-us/benefits/)
Amey can offer significant stability, we have a large portfolio of clients, and all our metering operatives are full time permanent members of staff (not fixed term)
• £22100 basic,
• Bonus payments for any additional work completed above the fall back for the day rate.
• Standby payment £150.00 per 7 day callout.
• The option to do additional shifts and increase earnings.
• 22 Days Holiday, Bank Holidays, Option to buy more.
• Typical working week 40 hours /08.00-16.30/11.30-20.00/+OOH
• Van, Fuel Card, PPE, Phone, Enhanced Toolkit and Hand-Held Unit all provided.
• Additional flexible benefits such as, pension, childcare vouchers, travel insurance and discounted retail vouchers.
Get in touch www.amey.co.uk/smart