A jobs board for ex-offenders looking for fresh starts, and employers seeking new talent
HR Delivery Team Assistant
|Job Title:||HR Delivery Team Assistant|
|Job Published:||May 15, 2019 11:49|
HR Delivery Team Assistant - Secondment
Job reference: 99994BRClose
Location: Nottingham Support Office Function area: HR
Shift pattern: Full-time Contract type: Secondment
Hours per week: Over 35 hours per week
Boots is the UKs leading pharmacy-led health and beauty retailer. With over 2500 stores in the UK our purpose is to help our customers look and feel better than they ever thought possible. Boots UK is part of the Retail Pharmacy International Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc, the first global pharmacy-led health and wellbeing enterprise.
Overview of the role
Deliver a range of HR support activities that help to care for, reward and recognise colleagues throughout their life with Boots. Manage activities to ensure compliance with company policy and legal obligations.
• Manage a range of delivery activities to support HR schemes, policies and procedures. Work includes administration, planning and communication activities. This work may be managed within a few days or more complex over a number of months depending on the task.
• Activity includes providing support for colleagues and line managers in response to email or telephone queries and to a high standard.
• Investigate relevant policies, processes or individual circumstances and providing tailored guidance/support
• Drive compliance with procedures or legal obligations.
• Accountable for managing cash equivalents, calculating payments and determining entitlements to benefit and payments in accordance with policy
• Responsible for sharing insights and opportunities for continuous improvement. May be involved in investigation, design, definition and implementation of ways of working, new processes, managing change/new work.
Our Ideal Candidate
Strong communication skills, a caring, supportive and sensitive manner with the resilience to support sensitive circumstances. Ability to provide amazing care for customers, drive to get things right first-time, an inquisitive mind-set and ability to research, interpret policies and find out information. Organised, professional approach to work, practical approach to problem solving, ability to work independently, under pressure and to deadlines. Proactivity in seeking solutions and implementing new ways of working. Compliance with policies rules, and data protection.
What’s in it for you?
• 25 days annual leave, plus statutory bank holidays (typically 8 per year)
• Annual discretionary bonus plan
• Generous staff discount scheme
• Additional discount with Boots Opticians, including on frames and contact lenses
• Competitive company pension scheme (both AHBRSP and auto-enrolment schemes available)
• Flexible benefits scheme available ranging from private medical insurance, holiday buying, gym membership, cycle to work scheme and many more
• Various corporate discounts available
• Part-subsidised on-site parking (part of the Nottingham City Council ‘Workplace Parking Levy’)
• Onsite Staff Shop, Opticians, Gym, Costa, Canteen, Dry Cleaning and Cash Point
• Employee Assistance Programme – a free, independent, confidential support and counselling service; 24 hours a day, seven days a week
• Boots Benevolent Fund - a registered charity that can offer support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives and dependants, at times of financial hardship
This is a 9-12 month secondment opportunity