A jobs board for ex-offenders looking for fresh starts, and employers seeking new talent
Health Care Assistant
|Job Title:||Health Care Assistant|
|Job Published:||August 14, 2018 09:20|
HEALTH CARE ASSISTANT
Reference numberCA01273STRRegionUKLocationEast AngliaSub locationIpswichFunctionHealthcareEmployment typeAgency/FlexibleHourly Rate BandsN/ASalaried/Hourly-PaidHourly-Paid
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for Health Care Assistants to support our Live-in Registered Nurse with hoist transfers, personal care and general aspects of daily living for a client in their own home.
Our Client is an elderly female who suffers with a spinal injury, incomplete tetraplegia and Lewy Body dementia.
Ideally, the candidate should be living locally or within a driving distance from the client’s premises. Being a car driver would be advantageous but only for getting to and from your shift. Apart from the competitive pay rates, the carer would continuously improve their skillset as a result of working alongside the RGNs and gain exposure to dealing with high profile clients.
Shift times are 0800-2000
Pay Rates range from £9.00- £10.15 per hour
FOLLOWING SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• 6 months previous care experience
• Experience of working with clients with complex care needs (advantageous)
• Excellent communication skills, written, verbal and listening
• Have a caring and compassionate attitude
• Can commit to regular hours
• Medication management
• Manual handling (to include hoisting)
• Personal Care
• Spinal Injury
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Interserve Healthcare delivers specialist healthcare services to clients in their own homes and in healthcare establishments throughout the UK. We recruit Nurses, Healthcare Assistants and Support Workers on a national basis to deliver outstanding care and support to our ever-growing client base.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
• Competitive rates of pay which range from £9.00 to £10.15 per hour plus holiday pay
• On-going 24/7 support from the Senior Nurse Team
• Refer a friend bonus scheme
• First refusal to other care opportunities
Interserve Healthcare is an Investors in Diversity accredited company & committed to equal opportunities for all (Agy).