A jobs board for ex-offenders looking for fresh starts, and employers seeking new talent
|Job Title:||Graphic Designer|
|Job Published:||September 23, 2019 14:37|
Graphic Designer 031212
Organisation - Marketing
Job - Customer Technology
Position Type - Full Time
Salary - £29,350 - £35,000 per annum dependent on skills, knowledge and experience
Location: 5 Endeavour Square, Stratford
Overview of role
TfL’s design history and heritage is recognised across the globe, with Harry Beck’s 1933 Tube map providing a clear and comprehensible chart that helped keep London moving. Today, the in-house design team at TfL continues to build on this philosophy: providing TfL’s millions of customers with concise, intelligent design that gives them the information they need at the time they need it.
As Graphic Designer at TfL, you will be part of the in-house Publishing team, designing reports, brochures, magazines, signage, infographics and playing a part in managing the development of a world-famous brand – it’s a demanding, varied and rewarding role where every day brings a new challenge. You’ll be a creative powerhouse; someone who can turn their hand to any design job, delivering outstanding work within tight timeframes.
You’ll work with other in-house designers, editors and colleagues from around the business to ensure that all materials produced in a cost-effective way and to the highest standard. In addition, you’ll be part of the team that oversees the design standards for graphics across TfL.
• Providing expert graphic design services to TfL with an active and creative input to the entire Publishing team, acting as an advocate for high quality design on all assigned projects and ensuring cost effective solution delivery across TfL
• Working with the Publishing lead and Graphic Design manager on the preparation of briefs, seeking cost estimates and monitoring progress of the production of other graphics materials including print, products, signage and photography to ensure high quality and effective delivery of the brief
• Advising on, and pro-actively seeking to provide, the most cost-effective solution to a wide range of design requirements and operating as an internal consultant for all graphic design issues and requirements across TfL
• Acting as an internal consultant on the technical aspects of graphic design and their application to project delivery, resolving queries and providing clarification to external consultancies to ensure the delivery of work to TfL's high-quality standards
• Assessing and addressing project requirements during all stages of a project, from proposal through design and to implementation – capturing and suggesting improvements to design standards as necessary ensuring regular updates and best practice compliance
• Ensuring that all data held and utilised is done so in compliance with all UK and EU regulations and TfL is fully compliant with data protection and privacy regulations across UK and Europe
Skills Knowledge & Experience
• Good project management skills
• A high standard of written, drawn and oral communication skills
• High quality presentation and promotional skills, and able to achieve results through others
• Ability to value and balance design requirements and heritage and or disability requirements with operational and business needs
• Ability to identify, communicate and resolve conflicting design priorities and objectives to support effective delivery
• Appreciate heritage and or disability requirements, address and mitigate impact on business and operations
• A degree, or equivalent, in design/graphic design or suitable professional experience
• A good, working knowledge of graphic design methodology and practices
• Knowledge of TfL’s structure and operations to ensure that emergency requests that require, if appropriate, working outside normal office hours are understood and met
• Advanced knowledge in working with various software packages, including InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Acrobat Pro
• In depth knowledge of Microsoft office packages.
• Experience of defining and commissioning design standards and guidelines to support implementation across a complex business
• Experience of managing consultants to develop design standards
• Experience of creating and developing design standards and guidelines for use across an operational environment
Please apply using your CV and a two page (maximum) covering letter and examples from your portfolio most relevant to this position . Think carefully about the skills, knowledge and experience outlined in the job description and ensure your CV and cover letter reflects the requirements of the role you are applying for.
The closing date for applications is Friday 4th October 2019 @ 23:59
We may close this advert early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
In return for your commitment and expertise, you will enjoy excellent benefits and scope to grow. Rewards vary according to the business area but mostly include:
• Final salary pension scheme
• Free travel for you on the TfL network
• A 75% discount on National Rail Season Ticket and interest free loan
• 30 days annual leave plus public and bank holidays
• Private healthcare discounted scheme (optional)
• Tax-efficient cycle-to-work programme
• Retail, health, leisure and travel offers
• Discounted Eurostar travel
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's