A jobs board for ex-offenders looking for fresh starts, and employers seeking new talent
Diversity & Inclusion Manager
|Job Title:||Diversity & Inclusion Manager|
|Job Published:||July 22, 2019 10:59|
Diversity and Inclusion Manager 030780
Organisation - HR Performance & Planning
Job - Project Management
Position Type - Full Time
FTC opportunity until July 2020
Location: Southwark, London
Salary: £50,000 - £55,000 depending on experience
TfL's data shows that there is an opportunity to improve the inclusive nature of the working environment across LU’s Operational teams. In doing so, we can improve our performance across a range of metrics, including safety, performance and talent progression. Mayoral direction, Transformation and the measures on the TfL Scorecard create a burning platform for identifying and addressing the underlying issues that impact what it is like to work here.
This role will be part of the diversity and inclusion team, and will focus on shaping and facilitating delivering a programme of activity within LU Operations, designed to respond to the Operational Culture Research. The research has examined the working environment, policies, practices and behaviours and assessed these using qualitative and quantitative methods, identifying where change is required to create a more inclusive culture. Delivery of the programme will be realised through influencing senior stakeholders with wide ranging, multiple priorities. This role will be responsible for delivering and supporting the design of research based solutions with tangible action plans to deliver sustained change, to achieve the ambitions detailed in the MD of London Underground's scorecard measures and mayoral direction.
• Excellent organisational and management skills - essential
• Excellent qualitative and quantitative data analysis skills - essential
• Strong structured and analytical thinking skills - essential
• Strong influencing skills in a complex organisation – essential
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills – essential
• Self motivated and with good attention to detail – essential
• Ability to handle high profile, confidential, sensitive information – essential
Good understanding of:
• Diversity and inclusion within fast paced, large operational environments – essential
• HR policies, practices and procedures – essential
• How to analyze and interpret relevant data sources – essential
• Best practice solutions to creating more inclusive cultures – essential
• The barriers more commonly experienced by staff with different protected characteristics – essential
• Theories of change – desirable
• The business value of inclusive cultures – desirable
• Developing initiatives and activities that promote an inclusive workplace and / or drive cultural change – essential
• Delivering more positive working environments under their leadership - desirable
• Building effective working relations with people inside organisations at all levels – essential
• Working on a dynamic programme of work with concurrent deliverables - desirable
• Engaging directly with trades unions and other workplace representatives - desirable
The closing date for applications is Tuesday 23rd July @ 23:59
Excellent benefits include:
• Final salary pension scheme
• Free travel for you on the TfL network
• A 75% discount on National Rail Season Ticket and interest free loan
• 29/30 days annual leave plus public and bank holidays
• Private healthcare discounted scheme (optional)
• Tax-efficient childcare payments
• Tax-efficient cycle-to-work programme
• Retail, health, leisure and travel offers
• Discounted Eurostar travel
Please note that you must apply by using your CV and a covering letter. Please think carefully about the skills, knowledge and experience outlined in the job description and ensure your application reflects the requirements of the role.
If you are shortlisted you will be invited to take part in a face-to-face interview and other assessments. We will endeavour to give candidates as much notice as possible however some interviews/ assessments will be organised at short notice and will require a degree of flexibility.
We reserve the right to close the application window early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.
We aspire to be as diverse as the city we represent and welcome applications from everyone, regardless of gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, faith or disability.