A jobs board for ex-offenders looking for fresh starts, and employers seeking new talent
Coordinator - Arts on the Underground
|Job Title:||Coordinator - Arts on the Underground|
|Job Published:||July 08, 2019 14:17|
Coordinator, Art on the Underground 030587
Organisation - Marketing
Job - Museum & Heritage
Position Type - Full Time
External Job Description
Job Title: Art on the Underground, Coordinator
Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract (18 months)
Location: Southwark, London
Salary: Circa £30k
About the Role
The role holder supports Art on the Underground’s programme to bring to life the different cultural events and projects planned by the team across a unique 2019-2020 programme. The position supports alignment to the requirements of TfL’s brand, design guidelines and overall Customer Experience strategy intentions, working closely with artists, designers, photographers, contractors and internal TfL stakeholders.
You will support Art on the Underground in the realisation and delivery of our ambitious future programme - six major projects running concurrently throughout the next 18 months across 2019 and 2020 at Brixton x2, Stratford, Southwark, Westminster and Gloucester Road stations. The programme includes schools projects, engagement projects and activities that form part of the Cultural Strategy for the Northern Line Extension, and a major commission and engagement activity at Sudbury Town in Brent in 2020 - Borough of Culture.
• Oversee programme communications, to include the writing and scheduling of social media communications, email bulletins, website information, bringing in to action an effective schedule of activity across these formats
• Oversee launch event(s), private views, stakeholder site visits, press views and other events required by Art on the Underground.
• Oversee liaison with TfL Design and Marketing teams, to ensure sign-off of all Art on the Underground public facing material.
• Oversee Art on the Underground specialist archiving processes, to include liaison with the London Transport Museum.
• Prepare and support Art on the Underground governance functions, to include preparing Advisory Panel presentations and other key papers and presentations are required.
• Support the delivery of engagement programmes, to include Learning Guides, talks and events, workshops and staff activities.
• Support administrative activities of the programme, including team documentation, team meetings, travel schedules, preparation of presentations, couriering and arranging artwork photography or framing, and other activity as required.
• Oversee the Art on the Underground inbox.
• Organise documents following project completion to support effective archiving.
• Head of Art on the Underground and Art on the Underground team
• Staff within the wider Customer team and CCT directorate including Design, Marketing, Press
• Relevant London Underground, Rail and TfL subject matter experts, and relevant staff at the London Transport Museum
• Third party suppliers and contractors including but not limited to artists, designers, web designers, artwork suppliers, printers, photographers and film makers
• External stakeholders within the London cultural and artistic community
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• Relevant work experience in a similar field (essential)
• Knowledge of contemporary visual arts and cultural sectors in London and internationally (essential)
• Knowledge of project delivery, and how to develop a prioritised workplan (essential)
• Knowledge of social media functions (desirable)
• Appreciation of financial reporting and cost control processes (desirable)
• Knowledge of public transport issues in general and the structure of the public transport industry in London (desirable)
• High degree of proven written and verbal communication skills (essential)
• Ability to understand time sensitivities and life cycle of projects (essential)
• Ability to liaise confidently with internal and external stakeholders (essential)
• Ability to engage with operational staff to understand how cultural projects can enhance our customers’ experience of LU (desirable)
• Ability to use Microsoft Office (essential)
• Ability in social media software (desirable)
• Ability in graphic design software (desirable)
• Experience in coordinating cultural programmes (essential)
• Experience of working collaboratively, efficiently and consistently and with a flexible approach (essential)
• Experience in project administration and developing and managing a prioritised work programme (essential)
• Experience of overseeing processes relevant to art projects, such as working with artists, design development, photography and film-making (desirable)
In return for your commitment and expertise, you will enjoy excellent benefits and scope to grow. Rewards vary according to the business area but mostly include:
• Final salary pension scheme
• Free travel for you on the TfL network
• A 75% discount on National Rail Season Ticket and interest free loan
• 30 days annual leave plus public and bank holidays
• Private healthcare discounted scheme (optional)
• Tax-efficient childcare payments
• Tax-efficient cycle-to-work programme
• Retail, health, leisure and travel offers
• Discounted Eurostar travel
Equality and Diversity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
The closing date for applications is Sunday 21st July 2019 @ 23:59
You should apply supplying your CV and a brief cover letter detailing your suitability. Your CV should be A4, in Arial 12 font, and a maximum of 2 pages.
Please think carefully about the skills, knowledge and experience outlined in the job description and ensure your submission reflects the requirements of the role you are applying for. Short listing may be carried out on the basis of your answers to job-specific questions and other information that you submit.
We reserve the right to close the application window early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.
We really are one of the best companies to work for!
Please click on the below link to find out why.
If your application is successful, you'll have to pass pre-employment checks before joining. For example, we will check your references and qualifications, your right to work in the UK and in some cases require a medical or Criminal Records Bureau check.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's