Connection Crew (various roles)
|Job Title:||Connection Crew (various roles)|
|Job Published:||May 14, 2019 13:38|
Connection Crew is Hiring
Are you a charity or organisation looking for employment opportunities for people who've been homelessness or are at risk of homelessness?
Are they they bright, polite and physically fit?
Then our straight to work route for charity referrals, with added peer mentoring could be of interest.
Job Role + Requirements
Our crew help set-up all kinds of exciting events across London. They take care of the heavy lifting: loading and unloading, building sets and stages, and setting up lighting and AV. The work happens 24/7 and the hours can be unsociable. So we need organised, reliable, motivated, and physically fit team players.
We match our experienced crew members with new crew members who’ve been at risk of homelessness for 12 weeks of peer-to-peer support. All of our peer mentors have been trained with Community 360 and Voluntary Sector Training.
How to Get Involved
The straight to work route for charity referrals is similar to the route applicants from the open market take to work with us. It's a great way for us to assess if the people you represent are ready for this role.
There are five simple steps to getting involved:
1. Contact Liz Campbell, Talent Manager for the full job role + requirements
2. If you think there is a good fit, let us know if you expect any of the people you support to apply
3. To apply, the candidates simply need to send us an email (with a CV if they have one) to let us know they are interested in working with us
4. We'll invite them to an informal group interview session. And if all goes well they will be invited back for our Practical Induction where they will be trained in the basics of crewing
5. If they pass training, we will offer them a role. And we'll match them up with one of our mentors to support them through their first 12 weeks of work with us.
Please contact Liz Campbell, Talent Manager at Connection Crew