A jobs board for ex-offenders looking for fresh starts, and employers seeking new talent
Commercial Asset (Property) Officer
|Job Title:||Commercial Asset (Property) Officer|
|Job Published:||December 27, 2018 16:57|
Commercial Asset (Property) Officer 028865
Organisation - Commercial Development
Job - Project Management
Position Type - Full Time
External Job Description
Job Title: Commercial Asset (Property) Officer
Location: St James Park
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: Up to £37k depending on experience
TfL is a ‘multi-billion pound’ organisation that keeps London moving!
We are the integrated transport entity running the day-to-day operation of the Capital’s public transport network and also manage London’s main roads. With over 31 million journeys made across our network every day, we do all that we can to keep our city moving, working and growing. We’re about more than just transport though.
Our Commercial Development Directorate is responsible for managing and growing revenues from our property, media and sponsorship activities. We are one of the largest landowners and landlords in London with 5000 acres of land and 2500 tenants. We are asset managers with visionary plans to improve and grow our estate and we own Europe's largest out of home advertising estate.
We are now facing a period of unprecedented financial challenge. From next year, we’ll cover our £6bn annual operating costs from our own sources of income. We’ll be the first transport authority in Europe to operate without Government support for our day-to-day operating costs and the Commercial Development Directorate will play an important role in achieving that goal.
About the role
The Commercial Asset Officer is responsible for supporting Commercial Asset Managers to pursue new commercial opportunities across our Surface estate in order to maximise revenues. There are exciting opportunities to significantly increase our commercial assets and revenues across the London Overground, DLR, Bus stations and major highway schemes.
This role will take responsibility for day-to-day work to gather and assess information and develop appropriate business cases required to take forward asset opportunities.
Work with asset management team to facilitate the delivery of commercial opportunities.
1. Support defining asset plans.
2. Support the delivery of asset plans by supporting and owning where appropriate all day-to-day requirements involved in project management of asset initiatives e.g. contributing to relevant research for business case development, drawing up and managing project plans, risk and issues tracking, etc.
3. Develop necessary reports to monitor against financial and non-financial performance measures. This will include carrying out benchmarking and analysis, reporting of results and forecasts and the appraisal of opportunities.
4. Support in external supplier and counter party management activities and manage day-to-day issues arising in respect of contracts managed, liaising and negotiating with TfL staff, counter parties and contractors representatives to resolve ad hoc situations, disputes, fluctuations etc.
5. Work with junior staff within the operating businesses to ensure buy-in for commercial opportunities and their delivery.
Establish and develop relationships with the following:
• Operating Businesses: Interface with staff in the Operating Businesses to prepare content to gain buy in for Commercial Development plans.
• Commercial Asset Management and Commercial Development sector specialists: Assist in assessment and decision making process with regards to potential opportunities across the Surface asset portfolio.
• Wider Commercial Directorate: ensure all plans align to wider CD strategy.
• Commercial Development Finance: ensure all plans are aligned to departmental budgets and forecasts.
• Has knowledge of project management,
• Has knowledge of information gathering and analysis
• Has an understanding of property key aspects and dependencies
• Have good IT skills with a sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Degree level qualification in a property or business related discipline preferred
• Ability to support the implementation of a number of smaller commercial
• Stakeholder engagement and advocacy: Ability to work effectively with internal
and external stakeholders, to ensure buy-in and stakeholder acceptance, to
resolve business conflicts as they occur and to persuasively influence complex
and sensitive transactions
• Experience of overcoming constraints and organisational complexity in order to deliver results.
• Experience of working in a commercial organisation, division or department, of effective contract management and budget management experience, including risk management and continuous focus on business direction
In return for your commitment and expertise, you will enjoy excellent benefits and scope to grow. Rewards vary according to the business area but mostly include:
• Final salary pension scheme
• Free travel for you on the TfL network
• A 75% discount on National Rail Season Ticket and interest free loan
• 30 days annual leave plus public and bank holidays
• Private healthcare discounted scheme (optional)
• Tax-efficient childcare payments
• Tax-efficient cycle-to-work programme
• Retail, health, leisure and travel offers
• Discounted Eurostar travel
Equality and Diversity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
We really are one of the best companies to work for!
Please click on the below link to find out why.
The closing date for applications is Friday 4th January 2019 @ 23:59
We reserve the right to close the application window early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.
You should apply supplying your CV only.
The CV should be A4, in Arial 12 font, and a maximum of 2 pages.
Please think carefully about the skills, knowledge and experience outlined in the job description and ensure your submission reflects the requirements of the role you are applying for. Short listing may be carried out on the basis of your answers to job-specific questions and other information that you submit.
If your application is successful, you'll have to pass pre-employment checks before joining. For example, we will check your references and qualifications, your right to work in the UK and in some cases require a medical or Criminal Records Bureau check.