A jobs board for ex-offenders looking for fresh starts, and employers seeking new talent
|Job Title:||CAD Technician|
|Job Published:||December 27, 2018 16:42|
CAD Technician 029015
Organisation - AP Power
Job - Power
Position Type - Full Time
Location: Tufnell Park, N19 London
Salary: £36k – 41K plus benefits
Overview of role
As a key member of a small team in the LU Power & Electrical Drawing Services Office, you will provide a draughting service to the Power Delivery organisation in the management and upkeep of its core asset drawing records (30,000+). This will include amendments to existing drawing records to reflect changes to assets or their locations as a result of maintenance and the uploading of new/amended CAD data to Projectwise and SharePoint sites for reference by Power & Electrical Community Engineers.
• Amend electrical/plant drawings and HV Cable Route drawings from redlines/sketches supplied by engineers via Bentley (CAD) packages, Microstation, Descartes and Projectwise, to comply with British and LU CAD Standards
• Interpret drawings to enable additions of new HV Cables or modify existing HV Cable data held on TFL mapping system
• To upload, organize, edit and maintain CAD data within LU’s defined CAD content management system, Bentley Projectwise and SharePoint using pre-set workflows.
• Update/redraw existing drawings as and when required so as Validate the quality of CAD data produced by others against LU and Industry standards
• Responsible for the quality, accuracy and structure of the CAD data produced or edited
• Produce PDF versions of updated drawings to be added to SharePoint site
• Redraws of poor quality legacy drawings
• Liaising with Engineers, Project Managers regarding requirements
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
• Ability to define/propose computer aided engineering solutions from defined engineering requirements.
• Ability to define, analyse and prioritise business and project requirements.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with people at all levels across the organisation and externally.
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Demonstrable knowledge of Bentley software
• Microstation & CAD modelling
• Good working knowledge of relevant British and ISO industry standards
• Good working knowledge of power and electrical terminology and symbols
• Coordination experience of Bentley CAD systems
• Experience of carrying out technical document review and analysis.
• Experience of working in an electrical engineering environment.
• Proven experience of producing new/modifying existing drawings in Bentley Software packages, Microstation, Descartes and Projectwise
• Proficient knowledge and experience in SharePoint 2010/2013 (desirable)
• Experience of providing technical support on the production, coordination and exchange of engineering data.
We are a small team dealing with all drawing services for a large department and are looking for a knowledgeable cad person, who can support the Drawing Services Manager with all cad related functions.
Currently working in 2d only
Excellent benefits include:
• Final salary pension scheme
• Free travel for you on the TfL network
• A 75% discount on National Rail Season Ticket and interest free loan
• 29/30 days annual leave plus public and bank holidays
• Private healthcare discounted scheme (optional)
• Tax-efficient childcare payments
• Tax-efficient cycle-to-work programme
• Retail, health, leisure and travel offers
• Discounted Eurostar travel
Closing date: Sunday 6th January 2019 at 23.59
Please note that you must apply by using your CV and a covering letter. Please think carefully about the skills, knowledge and experience outlined in the job description and ensure your application reflects the requirements of the role.
If you are shortlisted you will be invited to take part in a face-to-face interview and other assessments. We will endeavour to give candidates as much notice as possible however some interviews/ assessments will be organised at short notice and will require a degree of flexibility.
We reserve the right to close the application window early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.
We aspire to be as diverse as the city we represent and welcome applications from everyone, regardless of gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, faith or disability.