A jobs board for ex-offenders looking for fresh starts, and employers seeking new talent
Assistant Shop Manager
|Job Title:||Assistant Shop Manager|
|Job Published:||October 22, 2019 12:36|
Assistant Shop Manager
Location: Reading, GB, RG6 5TT
Company: Greggs Plc
Join the family
We believe in growing together – as a united team and working towards the achievement of our vision which is to be a winning brand in the food-on-the-go market. Greggs is a much loved and trusted brand with a strong traditional bakery heritage. Our people are what makes our business successful.
We aim to provide our people with a great place to work, where they feel valued by listening, developing and rewarding them.
* plus sales related commission after training
Shift Pattern and Contracted Hours
Hours: 42 hours per week
Shifts: Our busy shop at Asda, Lower Earley near Reading has an exciting opportunity for a Full-Time Assistant Manager. If you're already working in Food Retail and need a new challenge, this could be your ideal job! We work hard, have fun and hit targets together as a team!
The operational hours of the shop are 5am - 9.30pm Monday to Saturday and 8.00am-5.00pm Sundays and you can expect to work 5 days from 7 including weekends.
When you're as busy as our shops are, you need leadership at every level. Our Assistant Managers are the perfect example.
Working closely with the Shop Manager you’ll organise and develop your team on a daily basis to ensure a fantastic shopping experience for your customers. You’ll have a knack for delivering great service in a fun atmosphere and inspire your team to do the same.
This is management at its most practical – so you'll spend a sizeable amount of time rolling your sleeves up, getting involved in food preparation, serving customers and making sure the shop is clean, hygienic and welcoming at all times.
As an Assistant Manager we’ll look to you to communicate shop performance to the rest of the team and keep them motivated to help you to deliver your targets.
Supervisors or line managers – ideally with food production experience – fit in perfectly here. You need numeracy skills, basic computer literacy and a flexible approach to working hours. On a personal level, we look for problem-solvers who can manage change, communicate with people from all walks of life and above all a passion to constantly focus on our customers.
Everyone in our family values hard work and commitment. As well as the opportunity to develop and progress your career with us.
To be able to:
Deliver great service experiences for your customers
Help lead a high performing team
Achieve consistently high standards
Drive sales in your shop
Contribute to the profit of your shop
• Our Greggs Employee Staff Discount Scheme is very generous, offering you up to 50% off our food
• Your holiday entitlement starts with 21 days, in addition to bank holidays, which increases with service up to a maximum of 30 days after 25 years’ service. (Pro-rata for part time)
• After 6 months service you may be eligible for our profit share scheme where the company distributes 10% of its profits and allows you to share in the success of the business
• You will receive free life assurance after 1 years continuous service. This is a death in service benefit which provides a lump sum payment equal to one years’ salary
• You will automatically join our Greggs pension scheme which is a fantastic way to save for your retirement and allows you to benefit from employer contributions and tax advantages
• Other benefits include:
Share Save and Share Incentive Schemes
Employee Assistance Programme
Cycle to Work Scheme
During the application process we'll keep in touch every step of the way. We know how big a decision it is for you to apply for a job. Once you do we'll work hard to keep you up to speed on how your application is progressing. With your help, we can make your application as quick and smooth as possible.